Re: [NTLK] Corrupt Soup & NewtWorks Error

From: Andrew Bloomgarden (macosx2001_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 14:20:15 PDT

> How exactly are you trying to delete it? Are you going into
> extras/storage and trying there? Also make sure that you are set to
> view all stores, not just internal/card or it will just delete the
> soup
> in the storage area you are viewing.
I was making using the extras/storage folder.

> You can delete the whole Newtworks soup and that will fix it for
> sure. Or you can use a soup editor to delete the item (document) you
> last looked at.

I was eventually able to move/delete everything except for the corrupt
items off one of my cards (which it was stored on) and erase the card.
Now everything is working fine.

> With two soups acting up, I
> am wondering if the corruption is spreading. If other soups start to
> fail time for a brainwipe. If the corruption is bad enough that you
> can't backup, you may have to use your most recent backup (I hope you
> keep them up to date).

I just got my Newton and joined the list, so my backup is very recent.
I'll back up again just to be safe.

> If the corruption is not spreading, then perhaps you can just delete
> the
> soups and start working again. But if you get errors when trying to
> delete (or any other odd errors), backup and brainwipe as soon as you
> can. I know some people that started having corruption problems that
> just a few minutes after the backup was completed the Newt no longer
> functioned and *had* to be brainwiped.

So far, the corruption hasn't spread, thankfully. Thanks for your help!

--
Andrew Bloomgarden