Re: [NTLK] [OT] Suddenly off-topic: Poutine.. (agian..)

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 17:13:49 PDT

> Perchance would someone fill in the more newbie crowd about that
> particular word and how it became an in-joke on NTLK? It might even
> make a fine NTLK FAQ item. :)

   I don't think it's possible to fill you in on how it became an
in-joke on NTLK (other than it was discussed ad-infinitum some time ago
here) I would vote for a FAQ item. Although I know very little about
poutine myself - I skipped most of the 'poutine hurricane' when it came
along..

   Speaking of hurricanes, why hasn't there been anything on the list
about the hurricanes, seeing as how there have now been two (or is it
three?), with another off around Cuba threatening.. There must be NTLK
people in Florida.. Of course, they probably have more to think about
than NTLK about now.

> *ducks and runs*

   Ducks and Rum? What does *that* have to do with poutine - unless
it's a particular kind of poutine..

Jim