Re: [NTLK] Keyboard is not recognized anymore :-(

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 05:28:11 PDT

The most probable reason is that something is wrong with the keyboard cable.
It is very unlikely that you damaged the keyboard controller if you really
plugged and unplugged it to the Newt only.
The normal procedure is that you plug in the dongle with the keyboard
attached.
You can even do hot plugging.
As soon as the dongle is plugged the Newt will initialize the serial
interface and find out what is connected.
This does not work with the SER-001, beause there is no contact foreseen for
that function.
Therefore you need to switch on the Newt with the keyboard plugged to the
SER-001 in order to get it recognised, because the Newt will perform the
intit of the serial interface after switching on as well.
If you are not familiar with electronic hardware you can ask Frank Gruendel
(DE) or contact me offline to get some hardware help.

Regards,
Johannes

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/