Re: [NTLK] Battery pack - 2300 mAh cells?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 00:17:31 PDT

There is not really the space to install a switch, but the contacts you
mention:
one of them is is connected to the (-) terminal of the battery pack and the
other one is a connection to the built in (in the rechargeable pack)
temperature sensor (thermistor).
The Newt decides based on the thermistor readout whether there is a
rechargeable pack or just alkalines.
In case there is no thermistor this is just open circuit and therefore the
readout is just hitting one of its boundaries.

Cheers
Johannes