Re: [NTLK] OT: The Logic of Evil

From: Sunder (sunder_at_sunder.net)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 10:58:35 PDT

No, palm wouldn't exist without Newton being there 1st. There were other
PDA's around Newts time, a few of them PC based like the HP LX95 and some
atari palmtop. There was the AT&T EO (and the IBM tablet pc which also
ran the GO operating system) of course, but, that was because of the
Newton.

(Long story short on EO - EO used the AT&T Hobbit CPU which is a stack
based CPU unlike RISC/CISC designs, which made it suitable for C
programming. Apple was gonna use it in the Newton, but decided to go
with ARM instead, AT&T came out with the EO - remember those "HAve you
ever sent a fax from the beach? You will!" commercials? that was the EO
- great PDA, but bigger than the Newt - it's big failure was the
handwriting recognition sucked.)

 + ^ + :"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. /|\
  \|/ :They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country /\|/\
<--*-->:and our people, and neither do we." -G. W. Bush, 2004.08.05 \/|\/
  /|\ : \|/
 + v + : War is Peace, freedom is slavery, Bush is President.