Re: [NTLK] A few thoughts on Einstein.

From: smoerk (smoerk_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 10:38:56 PDT

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:11:18 +0100, Scot McSweeney-Roberts wrote:
> smoerk wrote:
> >On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:12:59 +0100, Scot McSweeney-Roberts
> ><newton_at_mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk> wrote:
>>I guess there is only a serial console and no display at all. At least
> >there is no text-mode in Familiar Linux for the iPAQ.
> >

> This article on installing NetBSD on an old Journada (
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/06/05/Big_Scary_Daemons.html ),
> seems to indicate that text mode display is available. Looking at the
> various supported hardware tables, X is supported on a very limited
> number of Mips based machines, but none of the ARM or Hitachi ones.

I found some mentions of Xserver in the hpcarm mailing list, it seems
that there is one available for the Jornadas. These are
mini-subnotebools with keyboards (like the emate, a little bit
smaller). do they have a touch-screen?

but it seems development has nearly stopped.

i just found proof that there is an xserver available:

NetBSD on my Jornada 710
2003-12-13 07:20:20 anonymous [Reply | View]
I'm using NetBSD 1.6ZE on my Jornada 710, and It's incredibly great!!
I nfs mount the /usr/src and /usr/pkgsrc when I want to install new software.
And, with lite programs like dillo and sylpheed I can acess Internet
and do everything I want.
I highly recommend this machine!!