Re: [NTLK] Hi. I'm New!

From: John (macnut1_at_gawab.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 18:14:15 PDT

On Sep 12, 2004, at 8:00 PM, David Hitt wrote:

> The "RS-232 to USB cable" may not be a real item, but there are plenty
> of places online that will sell you one, under that name.
> Basically, it's just a PC-serial-to-USB cable instead of a
> Mac-serial-to-USB cable.
> The terminology I used may be imprecise, but it's how the cable is
> often listed for sale.
>
> ie:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&category=20313&item=5719864071&rd=1

Even if this would work from an electrical/electronic standpoint, you
would still need driver software to make it function. Believe me, there
is a reason that Keyspan, Belkin, and others make actual adapters. I
can't really think of any use for a cable like that.....

JR

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."