Re: [NTLK] was WWNC & Einstein now is Einstein Ideas

From: karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 12:25:37 PDT

Jim Witte wrote:
>> How about taking over a Tablet PC? replacing the Windows on it with
>>the
>>Newton OS? Would such a thing be possible?
>

> Has Linux been ported yet? That answers whether the drivers are
> written..

Most tablet pcs are pretty standard pcs. The problem of porting Linux
to them is not so much a question of drivers (Linspire -- formerly
Lindows -- even has a distribution aimed specifically at tablet pcs),
but more of Linux still lacking a decent HWR prgram. Attempts such as
XStroke are nice, but they are essentially nothing more than Graffiti
or Jot for the pc.

Have I mentioned already that I'd really like Phatware to port their
PenOffice to Linux?

Oh, yes I did; several times over already... :)

Karel Jansens