Re: [NTLK] WWNC & Einstein

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 21:41:55 PDT

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 05:17:20 +0200, Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net> wrote:
> Aux environs du 11/09/04 à 0:34 +0200, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] WWNC
> & Einstein", Nicolas Zinovieff prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire
> les mots suivants:

> What is left is:
> - what should we do now considering what we don't want to do?
>
> Basically a subset of the question might be:
> - should we work on JIT emulation and run on any PDA with any processor?
> or
> - should we work on porting Einstein for natice code execution on
> ARM-based PDAs?
> or
> - should we work on porting Einstein for native code execution on top
> of an open source POSIX-compliant operating system (like NetBSD or
> Linux)?

What does this mean to a Non-Programer like me ( I never got past
BASIC or PASCAL) - is there a vernacular answer--
JIT vs ARM PDA vs POSIX-compliant?

Dumb questions - JIT, what is it? ARM PDA kinda understand that one,
POSIX.. is this a unix family environment?

I personally like the more hands on feel of a ARM PDA as a solution or
at least that this path be considered with more weight...though I do
not have a clue what issues this would mean development wise...

You know Paul, I don''t mind having to wait to see what you've put together.
BUT you're killing me with the anticipation of just see it for my own
eyes (Einstein) and as for me who wants support, NOT ME - I'd be
knocked over just to see the darn thing running on my computer -
though I would think it would most likely be running on OSX versus a
XP box. Unless you say otherwise...

Hey Paul - if you want to use sleep time doing this be my guest as I
appreciate the results! but do get some rest or your age may catch up
to me...

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family