Re: [NTLK] WWNC & Einstein

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 17:35:04 PDT

> The *nix developer culture has that paths with spaces are evil, so not
> much uses them, so those edge cases don't get tested much,

   And also, the edge doesn't get "blunted" - ie fixed in the relevant
toolchains. IMHO (and very humble, since I am not in the *NIX
culture), the *NIX culture doesn't see these things as problems (and
they're not *developer* problems, they're human-interface problems), so
they don't change the tools to fix them.

   Apple, on the other hand, *is* concerned (a great deal, though
debatably less so in recent years) with HCI (after all, they sell
computers and software to non-developers), so they *do* worry about
these "rough edges"..

Jim