Re: [NTLK] WWNC & Einstein

From: Scot McSweeney-Roberts (newton_at_mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 06:51:35 PDT

Hendrik Lipka wrote:

>Yes, it can be done (I worked my way through, and hopefully somebody else
>now working on windows will have it easiert), but I'm sure that it has
>frightened some developers...

At least you were able to do it, I gave up after a couple hours. For me,
the license was the final straw. It was bad enough that there was no
obvious way to build it on linux and that if I did get it to build I was
going to have get SWIG to work with it so I could use it from Python,
but when I was searching for whatever documentation I could find I
eventualy came across the license. After reading that, I realized I
would probably be better off writing the functionality I needed from the
DCL myself. I just wish there was a link to the license on the DCL's web
page, as I already knew I had some work ahead just getting the library
to work with Python, if I had read the license beforehand I probably
wouldn't have even bothered to download the source.

Scot