Re: [NTLK] [OT] Tripods Episode: Was New iMac G5

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 04:39:02 PDT

>From: <newton_at_the-monkey.net>
>Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:13:45 +1200
>
>I thought the reference was to the eighties British sci-fi. (Well, it
>played here in the 1980's, I guess it might never have played in the
>states.)

That the one with those gigantic walking tripods that sometimes grabbed one person by the head/neck and pulled them inside, and upon return they would have a shaven head and a funky tribal metal cap on instead, the whole thing being some sort of initiation ritual? I watched that a couple of times when I was a kid. At one end it scared me, at the other end I thought the show was incredibly daft. I guess I was just too young...

Oliver :)

--
Twenty years ago we worried about a nuclear strike by the Russians, now we worry about a nuclear strike by a General Protection Fault or a Blue Screen of Death. We've come a long way, baby. / AsTheAppleTurns on http://makeashorterlink.com/?G28812E39 / Honey, do we still have the keys to the fallout shelter?