Re: [NTLK] Hello Newton Users!

From: Alasdair Dunlap-Smith (varistor_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 17:41:08 PDT

On Sep 9, 2004, at 9:05 AM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> Alasdair Dunlap-Smith wrote:
>> One of my primary concerns is the amount of spam I am likely to
>> receive
>> as a result of harvesting of email addresses from the archives. I
>> currently enjoy a very low spam rate and decent spam filters on my
>> computer, however this is something I took into consideration before
>> joining the list.
>
> Both list archives attempt to obfuscate e-mail addresses in order to
> thwart
> address-collecting robots.

Which is a good thing.

There was actually a thread on this subject some time ago, and (I think)
some people were having spam issues relating to the archives, however
either the addresses have since been obfuscated or my memory is faulty.

That and my paranoia were the only justifications in my asking that
question.
So far I haven't noticed any increase in spam.