[NTLK] Great links and pics of the WWNC

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 15:00:04 PDT

Thanks for posting the information and pictures from the World Wide Newton
Conference last week. Man, I am so envious of the folks who were able to travel
to Paris for this historic event! As it is, I'll be lucky if I don't have to
shoot squirrels out my bathroom window, just to have something to eat (It's not
quite that bad yet, but things are definitely tight, financially).
I would love to host some kind of Newton-oriented shindig in southeastern
Michigan. There definitely seem to be enough Michigan and Ohio Newton users
around, and I think I have enough spare Newton equipment to help support a local /
regional event, or to at least help make it interesting.

So, if you live within a reasonable driving distance of Metro Detroit, keep
this in mind for the future. I'm not sure when an event would take place, but
I'd like to do it sometime this fall. If I host something at my house, I'd be
happy to provide a bit of Polish-Cajun cooking. No squirrels will go into the
kitchen larder, but folks are welcome to use my .22 air rifle, if so
inclined. :O)

Matt K.