[NTLK] Newton Future?

From: Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 12:40:52 PDT

Hi list,

Unfortunately i did not make it to WWNC. And of course seeing pictures
from there does not help me to feel better :-(
I hope more WWNCs will follow. Or even regional ones. (European,
Panamerican etc etc..)

My main reason for writing this post is:

The Einstein project.

Not for its technicalities. But for its prospective.

I think the Newton users as a community should make a controlled debate
(maybe on a new list) about the future of Newton.

With topics like:

-Do we feel that the Newton hardware is aged enough ?

-Do we feel that we must find a way to advance in hardware but at the
same time preserve the NewtonOS?

-What do we feel is the best way? The technically possible one? (Keep
an open mind on this one....)

-How can we overcome the various legal and technical difficulties?

-What should be the average workload of each solution?Are there enough
people to make a project roll?

The above questions are just a sample of course.

But I do believe strongly that we need to cooperate and communicate
closely on this issue.

Kostas