[NTLK] Intercommunication software for PC users?

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 10:37:50 PDT

Hello Everyone:
I currently use Newton Connection Utilities (NCU) to get .pkg files and .rtf
files onto my Newton and to export .rtf and .txt files to my desktop windows
machine.
Are there other software apps available for PC users? I'd like to get images
onto my Newtons (Is importing .bmp files into NewtonPress my only recourse?).
Also, I'd like to know if there is a way to EXPORT Notes recordings to my
desktop PC.
Somebody mentioned a Mac-only tool, but I need somebody to address this
question for the PC. Anyone? Beuhler?
Does X-Port work with the PC? What can it exchange (data types)?
My other alternative to recording sounds with the Newton Notes App would be
to use a small analog (i.e. cassette) tape recorder and then feed the signal
into my PC, to create digitized sounds. It seems like a pain to do it that way.

Thanks in advance.

Matt K.