Re: [NTLK] OT: WWNC

From: Helvécio Mafra (helvecio.mafra_at_newted.org)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 15:21:47 PDT

On 08/09/2004, at 18:21, Jeff Sheldon wrote:
> How well did Paris work as a conference location and in particular, was
> it easier than expected for foreigners to get around the area and
> communicate? Any good vin or fromage?

I wasn't there (too far, too expensive, and in the wrong time for me)
but I'd say that you haven't been to Paris, have you?

Get around in Paris? Always very easy, with a Métro (subway) system
that gets you almost anywhere, associated with a rail (RATP) system
that gets you to lots of other places and a bus system that covers the
rest very well.

Communicate? Only in French :) Or, if you excuse yourself in advance
for not speaking French, a good soul may have pity and explain what you
ask in a unmistakable accent.

Any good vin et fromage???? You're kidding me :) At this point the
French people in this list will go after you: there's _no_ bad vin et
fromage in France :)))

Cheers,
Helvécio

--
Do nascer ao pôr-do-sol, o homem tem muito mais tempo do que é capaz de
gastar.