Re: [NTLK] newton/bluetooth/nokia 6600

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 14:13:16 PDT

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:37:03 +0200, j g wrote:
> Has anyone experience of newton/bluetooth/nokia 6600 connection (send
> and receive) for data transfer like fax/sms?

Yep. You can use OBEX to send Names, Dates and Notes back and forth, as
well as PPP to surf over GRPS or plain data. Fax won't work, and SMS is
not finished yet.

> What drivers would I need and what bluetooth card?

The drivers are here: http://40hz.org/Blunt/. There is also a list of
supported cards. If you have access to a Windows PC/laptop with a
PCMCIA slot, there is another interesting card, the Conceptronic PCMCIA
Class 1 Bluetooth card with retractable antenna. It needs to be
reprogrammed with a PC, but then, it seems a quite good choice.

Eckhart