Re: [NTLK] An era draws to a close

From: nelson (bnelson6_at_valuelinx.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 10:00:42 PDT

Hi Jon

I remember when my newton 120 decided to find its way out of my makeshift
case. I watched for what seemed like minutes as it accelerated towards the
concrete floor at work. Sounded to me like it shattered, but as i quickly
picked it up thinking about all my data in there, putting the batteries back
in grabbing the pieces of the battery cover i heard it come to life. I had
wrote it off as dead. Was already thinking "well its back to paper an pen now"
But thanks to this list for turning up a battery cover, Frank for shipping me
a back cover, and a few hours my trusty 120 went back to work. Except now it
had a proper case.
The 120 has went to live with a friend , i found a 130 i use at work, and
finally a 2000u.
Hope that someone finds it an it comes home, even if it is roughed up a bit.
Bryan