Re: [NTLK] Recommend PCI wifi card that handles appletalk?

From: resellerz_at_650dialup.com
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 00:17:19 PDT

> >PS I think this is more about the driver then the hardware.
>
> Thanks, I'll look for an alternate driver. Any recommendations on that?

\In short, D-link products are not recommendable for Appletalk
applications.

That's informative but not very helpful. It's been a while since I've used a real Mac and I
forgot that Apple basically locked themselves into Airport for all their wireless networking--
I can't even find a standard PCI wifi card on eBay that appears to be Appletalk compatible. I
guess if I want a wireless NCU connection I'm going to have to shell out for an iBook.

Still it does seem to me that there ought to be some software trick that could fool a tcp/ip
wifi board into handling appletalk packets. This is probably not the correct forum to ask
about that though.

I'll just get a Newton-compatible wired Ethernet card and use a conventional router. Thanks.