[NTLK] Help Needed on Frozen Newton Project!

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 20:53:21 PDT

Hi everyone!

A little help needed to get this project off the ground.
It's been awhile but after going through all the advice/insight and
suggestions I went with the best option I had which was to start off with
Duplicating the LCD Cover/Door.

I had already spoken to a few manufacturers but eventually ended up with one
that who was willing to look into the project for me.

I only have two of these covers. One was an original which was defective so
I had to opt for using my recently purchased MP2100's door/cover...

I disassembled this into all the individual pieces and then sent it to the
manufacturer. Unfortunately I did not insure or track this item. (this was
due to my rush and preoccupation with my wife's then up coming surgery) It
has been already over 4 weeks and it never showed up.

My call for help is to acquire a new LCD Door/Cover to disassemble and ship
out to the manufacturer again. This time it will be mailed USPS Priority
Mail/Insured/Delivery Confirmation. If you have one or two that you can let
go for a reasonable price please contact me off list. I need one to send out
and one to replace the actual MP2100 door/cover that I have lost...

If you have one please try to make sure that it does not have a stress
crack(s) on the large cover side where the two plastic pins are inserted
that create the hinge. This will make a better duplication. If you have ANY
questions or are able to assist please contact me off list ASAP. I was in
discussion with manufacturer about sending him my defective cover/door but I
don't want them to have to guestimate how to replace the chip missing due to
the stress crack.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family