Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iMac G5

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 15:06:08 PDT

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 03:06:20PM -0500, Jim Witte wrote:
> >> Two Button Mouse:
> >> This is the exact opposite direction of the simplicty theme. Why
>
> Why not some kind of compromise? Certainly Apple's Engineering
> people could come up with some kind of mouse that had a "hidden" (in
> terms of first-user seeing it) second button? The simplest thing would
> be to have two buttons, but have a cover of some kind that would link
> them together. Or maybe have some kind of 'seamless' two button "full
> top" (like the "iceMouse"), and have a small switch on the bottom that
> would (mechanically) link the two sides together. Default position:
> 1-button.. Maybe with a little sticker on the mouse explaining it..

There seems to be no lack of companies selling 2-, 3-, 8-button mice. If
you want more than one button, you can have it. There's just no need
for your decision to be pressed upon anyone else.

--
96. My door mechanisms will be designed so that blasting the control panel on
    the outside seals the door and blasting the control panel on the inside