Re: [NTLK] NCU can't connect to Newton

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 23:42:16 PDT

On Sep 5, 2004, at 11:48 PM, Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail wrote:

> I did get the card to stay with it's light on but only when I plug it
> in to the mac and startup classic, then I open the chooser and leave it
> open for a while. Since I no SO LITTLE about ethernet cards on the
> Newton and can not access chuma.org I only tap here and there on the
> Newton to find out what works and what doesn't. But I have made it stay
> green for atleast 5 or 6 seconds. So something is half right anyway.
>
> at first I only had it flash.

I just had a thought. Are you guys trying direct connections or through
a hub? If I recall correctly from my own experiences, I do best with a
hub. I'm thinking that your computer has 10/100 ethernet, but the
Newton card handles only T/10 Ethernet. So a hub will throttle the
connection. I think I didn't work until I used a hub... anybody else on
this?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland