Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iMac G5 - 2-button mice

From: Adam Tingle (adamtingle_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 13:02:07 PDT

Jim,

You should definately check out SideTrack
(http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/sidetrack/). (free software)

This is how I use my iBook's trackpad with sidetrack:

Mouse around as usual. Click with button for left click. Tap trackpad
for right click. Tap lower right corner for expose's show desktop. Tap
lower left corner for expose's show all windows. Tap two top corners
for switching tabbed browsing in Safari. Use right side of trackpad to
scroll windows up/down.

Apple should really buy this and include it in the next version of OS X.

- Adam

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 14:47:59 -0500, Jim Witte <jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us> wrote:
> > I consider my self a "power" user, and I almost never feel the need
> > to use a "right-click".
> > I hope Steve and his successors never cave into a two-button mouse.
>
> I use it all the time - in Mail for managing folders, in Finder to
> send things to the trash, setting labels, and making archives, in
> iTunes for the Show Song File command (is this even IN a menu?)
>
> And to make it worse, I use an iBook, and am always too lazy to plug
> in an external mouse, so I almost constant have one thumb glued to the
> control key.. For a desktop, an Apple 2-button mouse really isn't
> necessary, as there are plenty of other mice out there. But for a
> laptop, it's a different story..
>
> Of course, I could make it a bit easier by modifying uControl to turn
> cmd+mouseclick into right-mouseclick, but not swap the command and
> control keys any other time.
>
> Jim
>
> --

Adam Tingle