Re: [NTLK] Format of Exported Notes

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 09:00:52 PDT

> I haven't been really paying attention to this thread, but has anyone
> yet mentioned Xport?
>
> XPort is the nicest thing I found for exporting RTF notes; it doesn't
> have (for me) the serial connection issues with PC machines, and when
> selecting RTF export you have 2 flavors- a standard RTF, and MSoft RTF
> (since MSoft breaks the standards). XPort has binaries for Win and Mac
> and is pretty cheap, and does more than in/export of note as well. For
> me, this is what did the shapes and sketches perfectly when I tested;
> NCU didn't.

No one did mention X-port, although I thought about it. I have been
using X-port for years and I think it is one of the best apps I bought
for my Newt. I neglected to mention it because of its extra cost and
NCU can export the data (usually) without any problems. However I agree
with you that X-port works much much better. And it has a lot of other
abilities such as importing/export graphics, doing screen shots, and
most 2.x apps will give you a X-port selection in the routing menu which
is really handy if the original app does not give you a way to export
your data to begin with.

-Dan