[NTLK] Nethopper Unrecognized system error -60088

From: Edward Johnson (radar9999_at_aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 04:39:46 PDT

Ok Newton Knights,
    After properly following the directions (on Victor's web site)
necessary to install my 3Com 3c589D ethernet card and get it talking to
my router, Nethopper returns an error (Nethopper Unrecognized system
error -60088) whenever I try to access my home page (UNNA). The newton
error book states:

>>snip
Errorno: -60088
Category: Lower-Level Tool Errors
>>Snip

and
>>Snip
Name: Victor Rehorst
Comment:
This error can occur during an attempt to connect to the internet. If
the Newton is set to use DHCP, and the DHCP request fails, then the
connection cannot be established and this error pops up.

Check to make sure a DHCP server is available on your network, and that
it doesn't require any additional information in its request. Some
high-speed cable ISPs require that you send a special string along with
the DHCP request in order to authenticate - NIE 2.0's DHCP client
doesn't know how to send these requests (and generally sucks).
>>Snip

Since my router is my DHCP source how would I figure this one out?
(Aerolan Airlink) "Anyone feel like a BRIGHT EGG?"

Semper Fi

Ed Johnson