Re: [NTLK] Internet sharing

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 15:02:39 PDT

> Heh. So does wired ethernet; it's not AS bad as wireless, but it's still
> enough to watch the battery level bubble back up 15% or so when the card
> shuts down.

Agreed. Such cards eat batteries for breakfast, lunch and start on
dinner heh. I would suggest first getting a power adapter (get the
original one, or risk your Newts life) they are cheaper than a wifi card
anyway. Then you can use the modem you have for testing. Granted it is
not sharing but if money is a concern that is the cheapest way. If
money is not a issue and you have a wireless setup already, get a
wireless card and the driver (which is another $10). But do resarch
first to find out which cards work well with the driver and your router.

-Dan