[NTLK] Thanks for....? (WAS: Using Hiroshi's WLAN driver)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 00:57:52 PDT

>From: Cwashiidcvrmtrs_at_aol.com
>Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:20:29 EDT
>Subject: [NTLK] Thanks for....? (WAS: Using Hiroshi's WLAN driver)
>
>Well....
>
>On the 28th, I asked for help with using my Proxim Skyline 802.11b card with
>my 2100. While I received one kind response from a lister regarding a related
>issue, NO ONE responded with any help regarding my problem.

Mate, the resident talent ain't always on watch. Sometimes they take a
couple days off and play day-job, leaving newbies like you alone with
no-cluers like me.

Or they don't bother themselves with Wifi and rather play with Bluetooth.
Really, we got all sorts here, just not all at the same place at the same
time all the time.

>So what is the deal? Is this a help list, OR just a place for lively,
>creative Newton-tinged banter?

Yes. ;=}

So, while you wait - grab a book. There's plenty at UNNA.

DJV.

P.S.: Oh, didn't you also say you fixed that all by yourself? Congrats! It
would be good to post the solution as reply to your initial request, and --
to conserve it for posterity -- also post it at the Newton-Wiki

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt . Gotta get more problem-fixes, How-Tos
and Moron Manuals up there, and it won't happen if nobody posts their own
discoveries.