Re: [NTLK] [OT] Politics was newton 2000 connection question

From: David Golden (ikondave599_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 19:18:40 PDT

Ralph Nader has done more to protect the lives of people in USA than
any other political figure. Call him a " mouth-piece " for the Greens
is beyond absurd. Check your dates, Ed. Ralph was doing his thing many
years before there was a Green Party. I also fail to understand why you
call the Green Party " ultra-conservative ". They are progressives.
Their call for stricter government oversight is pretty much the polar
opposite of the conservative vision of smaller less intrusive
government.

Nader and Rachel Carson virtually invented today's environmental
conservation movement. Read about the history of the Hudson River if
you want to get a good idea of the scope of environmental atrocities
committed in the past. I have a child with severe asthma. Given the
fact that neither his mother or I are smokers, his doctors believe
that, like many other children today, he is asthmatic because of poor
air quality. Policies that damage the environment aren't about the
Spotted Owl, or having a pretty park to enjoy. Ultimately they are
about protecting human lives.

I don't like what Nader is doing now, but he has never been anyone's
mouthpiece. He has been a LEADER.

Dave