Re: [NTLK] [OT] How often does a '72 Convertible Cutlass cross the radar on NTLK?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 07:19:07 PDT

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:59:06 -0700 (PDT), Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Exactly. I'm in the middle of getting my '72
> convertible Cutlass restored and I find it frustrating
> that there are those individuals out there that pay
> ridiculous prices for classic autos. This, inturn,
> drives up the price for parts and services. I doubt
> that I will get away with under $25k for the
> restoration...

Ed, I'm just intrigued that as a NTLK List member you are a Cutlass owner.
I have fond memories of my '70 Cutlass with it's 350 Rocket engine -
unfortnately I had to let it go prior to getting my first Newton
MessagePad 100, but those were the days when I drove my Newt GREEN
Cutlass on the roads of NYC. I would have loved to have restored it as
a daily driver and had a MP2x00 installed to play my tunes thru or GPS
mapping but it was in bad shape as I did the Fred Flintstone thru the
rusted floor pan.

At least now I have one of the two. (my Trusty Troop of Newtons!)

Thanks for bringing back the memories - I understand your plight, just
to young and poor to consider what you are doing now...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung