Re: [NTLK] MP 130 and GPS

From: Robert Masters (rdm_at_enfield.lympago.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 15:22:00 PDT

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 03:44:38PM -0600, Mattox, Thoma wrote:
> What GPS options are available for the MP130? I have seen a few CF
> cards with PCMCIA adapters. I don't need maps etc. I just want to be
> able to enter a GPS coordinate and have it lead me to the spot. I am
> interested in the geo caching and thought it would be fun with my Newt.

The generic CF GPS card I picked up seems to work fine with Teletype,
but has problems with FieldNotes (at least on a 130).

I have not yet tried GPSMapLite.

It's branded as an FAC CF-30LP, and draws .28W_at_3.3V, and has an optional
external antenna.

-R

--
Rob Masters.
Sysadmin, gamer, birder, SF fan, climber, geocacher. Just your all-round geek.