[NTLK] Final call for help - MP2100 and Airport

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 13:27:19 PDT

I've given up on NPDS, unable to get a connection going. Now I've taken
a step back and find that I am unable to connect to the Internet at
all.

When I try to send an email using SimpleMail, I am able to select

Using: Ethernet Manual
Card: Lucent WaveLAN/IEE

Initialisation then takes place and then a pane is shown,

Looking up SMTP host....

showing the correct smpt.pandora.be

This remains for quite some seconds and then the rror pane

SimpleMail: Couldn't resolve IP address "smtp.pandora.be"

So email is not possible; I therefore try connecting to the Web, using
NetHopper. Again, I am able to select

Using: Ethernet Manual
Card: Lucent WaveLAN/IEE

I see

Looking For Host: Looking Up Address

which, after a few seconds, is replaced by the error pane:

NetHopper: No response from your current DNS server....

It looks to me as if there is a problem with the Airport settings (the
Airport is used successfully by an iBook and an iMac for Internet
access and interconnectivity) or the Internet Setup in the Newton. But
I've read and reread all I can find on the Web about this and tried
various settings, all without success.

Is there anyone there who can contact me by email
(david.neale_at_pandora.be) in order to check my Airport and Newton
setups, please?

Thanks in advance.

David