Re: [NTLK] [OT?] An interesting new program for Windows

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 11:45:53 PDT

On Oct 27, 2004, at 5:22 PM, RAParker wrote:

> It seems, no matter how my times "handwriting to text" appears as a
> technological feat, only the Newton has ever done it, and done it
> right.

What's ironic about all this is that only the Newton was ever so
maligned for its HWR!!! I mean, cartoons, cameos in Bart Simpson, etc.!
It's amazing that even today, when people who have heard of, but not
used a Newton mention it, they always malign the HWR, yet, it is
_still_ light years ahead of anything else, both in actually
recognizing HWR, and utilizing the pen interface for editing, etc.
Nothing touches it. . . nothing. . . go figure. . .

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland