[NTLK] ATA Support, unusual configuration.

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 20:51:59 PDT

Here's an unusual setup I'm trying to use with ATA Support.
(one note - I did send this to Paul buy my email - it's a bit flaky
this week so I decided to post this here) I'm hoping that this might
work though this maybe pushing the envelope of possibility to the
extreme with this setup.

I bought the following:
PCMCIA (CF Adapter) No Name Generic
CF (SD Adapter) Mittoni Branded
SD (SanDisk 256MB)

I know that the CF (SD Adapter) Mittoni Branded <- SD (SanDisk 256MB)
works with my Nikon Coolpix 950.

The only question really is this PCMCIA (CF Adapter) No Name Generic
which may be defective or broken. I'm thinking it is likel broken as
it will not work with my XP IBM laptop.

With all the cards inserted in order and then placed into my MP2100 it
gives the following error message:

Initial error message:
'There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize this type
of card.)'

Upon re-insertion of the cards - later this error message appears:
'There is a problem with this card. (-10059)'

If you goto Extras then Card you see 0.0 MB ATA Card, Unknown Format,
No Recoginized Partition.

It you then goto 'i' and then About this card:

Card Info
Unknow Format
Size: 0 Sectors (0.0 MB)
Kind: ATA Card
DMA: No
Queue: No
LBA: No
Mode: 'Square', *, 'Square', 'LessThan Equal To', O with an ^ above',
(SPC), 'Divide', (SPC), 'Square', i, 'Divide', 4, 'Square', i, ~,
'Square', 'Square', g, ~
Serial: a with ', x, 'Square',i, U with two .. above, l
Version: 'Square'
Mode: i/o Contiguous
Width: 16 bits
Power: On (3.3V)

Mode, Serial & Version results vary time to time.

Using Tests
Test: Read/ReadVerify

Mode: Sequential
(Results)
Minimum: 1e+999 KB/s
Maximum: 1e+999 KB/s
Average: 1e+999 KB/s

Test: Check/Zeros/Write/'Write/Read'
Mode: Sequential
(Results)
Gives an error message, 'Sorry a problem has occured. (20)'
The system then crashes but is still responding with clicks when
stylus is tapping screen area near Test & Mode. A reset is needed to
fix this.

Trying to Partition the card gives an error message, ''An ATA Support
internal error (#-10574) occured. Could you please report it?

Well that's it and of course I don't expect a good answer but what the
heck I ask to see if there is anything that can be done.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung