Re: [NTLK] PDF/CHM reader, Bluetooth and other questions

From: Alexey Agapov (aas_at_yandex.ru)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 10:20:18 PDT

Hm.. I believed Bookmaker compresses text data. I agree that this=20
doesn't make a lot of sense to convert PDF/CHM to NewtonBook otherwise.=20=

 =46rom the other hand, since NewtonBooks are merely NewtonScript=20
programs, maybe we could create a book decompressing its text on the=20
fly? I'm not a NewtonScript programmer and I'll look into this in more=20=

detail. I like idea of creating NewtonBooks from PDF/CHM because it is=20=

a native format supporting text layouts and pictures. Another way could=20=

be creating books for Newt's Cape which is told to support compressed=20
HTML -- but I couldn't make it working on my Newton before it expired=20
:) Which way do you think is better?

--A