Re: [NTLK] Implant Speed App

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 18:41:41 PDT

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:11:26 -0500, Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> I look forward to hearing about your progress, I have 220+ envy

Well Woody,

I was testing with an eratic MP2100 which gave out. The chip directly
behind the A/C adapter plug on the MB burnt out and the unit is
kaputz.

Went then to another MP2100 which was a little flaky to do the test
run and was able to get a 5mHz crystal going. Again the unit began
acting flaky and stopped working. Did a power down and left cold for
about two hours and it came back up. Seems like this unit is only good
for the regular 161.9mHz (3.686mHz crystal). Eventually doing another
power down and will restore it back to stock and use as a backup as it
runs stable that way.

Now I went back to another unit I have and tried a Three Crystal
install so I could try three at a time (3.686, 5.0 & 5.7~). The last
crystal would give a 250mHz~. Unfortunately this setup is also not
stable. This occupies neatly the square blank for the switch and the
square space right bbehind where the SER-001 Serial Connector would
go.

I know they must have done a stability test when they prepared the
Pixsolution Upgrade. Likely this is the most stable maximum overclock
rate but I know that maybe possible to bump it up a few more mHz and
since I purchase increments from 5.0 up to 6.257~ I will continue till
I get one unit to run higher than 220mHz. I'm now going to go step by
step down from 5.7~ till I get one working. Since overclocking depends
on the CPU since they vary in quality - some chips I believe may be
able to handle it and not lock up. I test a few more MBs.

If anyone has done or tried this before I would appreciate a chime in
on this thread. I know there was the photo of 275mHz that was not
stable but I'm looking for the next stable jump up....

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung