Re: [NTLK] Moving away from MP2K internal charging

From: Josef Chessor (josefcub_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 16:56:29 PDT

Joel,

     Those are all very great ideas! Thank you for sharing your
techniques and tips. I for one would like to keep using my Newts into
this century, and every possible way to preserve them is good.

Though with the issue about those capacitors, what about the other
capacitors on the board? Aren't electrolytics only rated for about
fifteen years of use? When can we expect the normal SMT caps to start
popping, especially with machines like the 130 and 2x00, that have
high-energy backlights?

Josef
...who just became the proud owner of an MP110 today. :)