Re: [NTLK] Ethernet card not working

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 06:50:54 PDT

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:44:16 +0200, BECKER BALAZS
<9845012_at_bendomsrv.vu-wien.ac.at> wrote:

> I just bought a "DELL Ethernet Card 10base-t/10base-2 by 3Com" with the 3Com
> Megahertz PC Lan cable from ebay (from Ferdi Ozguner.)

Balazs,

First thing would be to read his auction. (Hopefully he mentions it there)

Second thing would to ask Ferdi. (if not listed in the auction He
should provide basic info about this directly if you inquire from him.
This is generally the rule of thumb to ask seller unless they state
they don't support the item for sale. If that were the case I'd
re-think about buying unless you knew more about it.)

Third thing would be to check the WikiWikiNewt:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

> Now, when I insert the card, my MP 2100 says: "There is a problem with this
> card (Newton cannot recognize this type of card)

Looking thru you will come to this - basics about Ethernet Drivers:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/EthernetDrivers

A little further digging will come to this Chuma (this shoulg get you
up and running)
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/

If you have problems first read all the links given carefully - if
there is anything that doesn't make sense do a follow-up post with
your specific question and someone on the list should be able to
assist you.

HTH

--
God bless,