Re: [NTLK] Question about Cradles for eMate 300

From: ParrotHeaven_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 13:25:46 PDT

I don't know about it being called a cradle....

But I just sold 2 of those "Carts" to a teacher in Maryland last month.

They are like an audio/video cart. They hold 16 eMates on their sides and
have a Power Panel inside with 15 outlets. (Why it only has 15 outlets but holds
16 eMates??? I have no idea!) They have a double door front that locks and
rolls on 4 heavy duty wheels. They measure 28"d X 36"w X 38"h and weigh 121# each.
There is a rubber pad on the top that has an access hole for a Computer to be
plugged in. Our School district used these carts with a PowerMac 5500 and a
Laserwriter printer. The carts sold for $598 brand new and I was able to
procure 2 of them for $40 each for this teacher.

I may go back and buy the last one for myself. It would be a good place to
keep my "hinge impaired" eMates until I fixed them.

Dave McGuire