Re: [NTLK] [OT] Getting my PowerMac 6100 on a LAN (I need a LAN adapter cord, modem, etc)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 21:45:39 PDT

Please notice how the subject now has an [OT] for off topic on it so
people that don't give a hoot about A/V cards in old powermacs can skip
it...

On Oct 16, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Kirk Zathey wrote:

> I thought you could not put an A/V card into a 6100. If it works,
> that's great.
I think you'll need to leave the lid off or find a right angle adapter,
  but it should work...
> You can hookup an external video source, such as a VCR
> or game console and watch it on your computer using the TV program
> which the OS 7.6 CD has a copy of.
It's called Apple Video Player IIR
> Also, because you have a A/V card,
> you can actually get an Apple TV Tuner in box for about $20 on eBay
> (as long as the 6100 is compatible with it) which allows you to
> connect it to a cable or antenna connection and includes a remote
> control to switch channels with. I
I don't remember the 6100 supporting that, but I am sure I will be
corrected if I am wrong (probably by Peter).
> t works pretty good as I have the
> TV/FM system in my 6500.

It is very cool, my remote has crapped out for my 5200 with TV tuner
though :~( Of course the newt should work for this! Wait! Thats on
topic!

Oh well,

Marty