Re: [NTLK] [OT] NYT carrier OQO review by David Pogue

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 16:24:03 PDT

LMAO. i think the point is being over looked primarily because most mac folks cant get passed what ever os is on a device. we arent looking for an os to replace the newton. we are looking for a new body to put our aged friend into. we are looking for the teenage body for our senoir citizen. as long as everyone keeps harping about what os is running underneath this will never see the day of light. let the developers take what ever handheld they can find and put our newtons brains on it in what ever form they can and i will put money in someones hands. please, please, please stop worrying about the os it is on. stop trying to have a new mac pda, its not going to happen if your beloved apple has anything to say about it. at this point i leave any decisions that have to do with the future of my newton in the hands of the developers. to you i say thank you for what ever you try to do and i await your final conclusion.

picking up my 2 cents,

LAG

Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

On Oct 15, 2004, at 1:31 PM, LAG wrote:

> it would be a shame that you wont get a new and improved newton on
> another piece of hardware if it has a windows based os on it.

Windows and Newton have different hardware requirements in my opinion.
Windows needs a hard disk drive, Newton doesn't. I don't think people
are suggesting OQO as a Newton/Einstien platform? At least I hope not.

I don't think running "Newton" on windows would ever make any sense
unless it was for a development platform or just for desktop function.