Re: [NTLK] More Newton software to be released!

From: Scot McSweeney-Roberts (newton_at_mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 09:01:45 PDT

MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:

>We’d still have to work out some details with regard to the public
>distribution of the software code. I figure it could easily be hosted somewhere
>(Perhaps on www.unna.org), but I think we should first consider how to allocate
>unfinished projects to specific programmers, rather than let anyone go willy-nilly
>with the code. I’m not a software developer, but business sense tells me it
>might be prudent to retain some degree of control over the software code…

Perhaps you could use Sourceforge (www.sourceforge.net) to host the
source code. That way while the source code will be public only those
with commit rights will be able to make changes to the central code
repository. That way you'll still retain some degree of control over the
software, but it will also allow others to view the code and thereby
other developers will be able to learn from the source code (which could
lead to even more Newton software) and possibly even submit improvements
to the maintainers.

Scot