Re: [NTLK] [OT] NYT carrier OQO review by David Pogue

From: Riccardo Mori (rick_at_poc.it)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 08:35:46 PDT

oh yes, nice thing.

but my main concern is readability. quoting from Pogue:
"But the problem isn=92t crispness; it=92s legibility. Text that appears =
as=20
10-point italic on a real PC becomes one-point indecipherable on this=20
screen. [...] But in dialog boxes, menu commands and error messages,=20
the type is just tiny, and that=92s that. It=92s about the size of the =
fine=20
print on a consumer-electronics rebate form."

in my absolutely humble opinion, this is not something to be ignored,=20
and it's an issue easily buried by the large amount of features crammed=20=

inside this device. making an analogy with toy and miniaturized cars,=20
some of them are a pleasure to see and play with, but you cannot=20
actually *drive* them. in my opinion, as far as i can read from Pogue's=20=

review, and from my impressions after seeing the oqo website, this=20
device lacks in actual usability. which is something i still find in my=20=

Newton, with all its "limitations" compared to the oqo.

just my $0.02,
Rick=