[NTLK] Printing from Works?

From: Sean Cross (smcross_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 14:26:03 PDT

Greetings!
My eMate 300 continues to impress me. Lately, I've been poking around
Works. However, I seem to have run into a problem printing.

I have an Orinoco wireless card, which, from what I can tell, is the
nicest card ever made. I use it to connect to the wireless network
both at school and at home. It works wonderfully for browsing,
somewhat wonderfully for chatting, and fairly wonderfully for
printing.

Currently, I'm using the LPR driver, because my cheap router at home
does not bridge Appletalk (see: the discussion from a few months ago.)
 There are also a few printers at school that offer LPR.

When I print from Notes, it connects to the wireless network, looks up
the hostname, the job is sent to the printer, the page prints out, and
the newton gives me an error message "Newton is unable to print.". No
error code, just the string. When I print from Works Paper, it
connects to the wireless network, looks up the host name, and the
newton gives me an error message "Newton is unable to print.".

When I tried to print from Works over Appletalk, seeing as there are
certain places where one can latch onto an Appletalk network, I got
the same error message, even though it printed without a hitch from
Notes.

I've also successfully printed from Dates via LPR. Multiple resets
aren't helping. What would cause Works to behave differently, such
that it won't print?