Re: [NTLK] ByteCellar.com - vintage computing (and Newton!)

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 17:57:07 PDT

The eMate has a serious design problem. The ribbon cable for touch
screen and display wraps around the hinge. The tension that holds the
display steady in any position is from springs that also wrap around
the same hinge, as the grease ages it becomes tacky and can actually
result in the springs being pulled from there anchor screws and
puncture the display cable.
See <http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html>

Do this repair, or hire me or someone else to do it.

Woody