Re: [NTLK] New Newtendo Site - Use This one-

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 11:26:49 PDT

Scot McSweeney-Roberts wrote:
> Seeing as there are sites where people can download rom images, it must
> be possible to make one's own - but I've trawled through google and I've
> come up empty. You would think there'd be greater secrecy about the
> sites that distribute the rom images than the technology used to create
> the images in the first place.You'd even think that there'd be a market
> for cartridge readers that sit in a spare drive bay or hang off a USB port.

This is so incredibly off-topic for this list so I hope this is the last
message in this thread...

Yes you can dump NES cartridges. However every single known cartridge in
existance including betas, unreleased programs, whatever has already been dumped.

You want some NES cartridge dump information, google for it, or check out
these sites:

http://ucon64.sourceforge.net/
- backup tool that controls various cartridge dump hardware for many
platforms. Check out their hardware section to see the Taiwannese (mostly)
dump hardware that they support. Look on eBay to see if you can buy one.

Otherwise, you want to build your own, there are plans for an NES cartridge
dumper called IO-56 on the net:

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:6v9yjdAr6n0J:www.ziegler.desaign.de/io56.htm&hl=en

http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/io56.htm

Or, design your own, the NES Tech FAQ has lots of information:

http://nesdev.parodius.com/NESTechFAQ.htm

If this is outside your technical know-how then you won't be dumping cartridges.