Re: [NTLK] Nikon Coolpix 300 - Is it compatible with Tibet?

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 07:40:21 PDT

Sonny Hung wrote:
> I just checked the user's manual and it doesn't say anything about the
> chipset in the specifications page. It say the interface is a RS-232C,
> SCSI if that helps any... :(

That's the point. The specs does not say anything about the chipset.
The FAQ has some info about the "Sierra imaging firmware".
Unfortunatelly the link
http://www.sierraimaging.com/support/supchimgex.html is not working
anymore :(

I dig a little more and found that the Coolpix300, as the
Coolpix800/9xx, is compatible with gphoto
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/gphoto/) which put it in the same
category of the Coolpix800/9xx. Based on my researches I believe that
gphoto is somewhat related with this Sierra Imaging.

Does some one have any link to this sierraimaging firmware or to a
complete list of compatible cameras so that I can do further
investigations?

Maybe we're about to add one more item to the list of compatible
cameras :)

Thanks,

--lpetroni