Re: [NTLK] Hi , Im a newtcomer from Montecarlo

From: Alasdair Dunlap-Smith (varistor_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 18:47:33 PDT

On Oct 10, 2004, at 2:09 PM, bolimc wrote:

> Hi out there, I know you have already answered several
> time these questions but please give a chance to me
> also!
> I found an old Newton MP 100.

Do you have any mac-mac or mac-pc serial cables?

> Is there any chance to
> connect with one of my apple computers ? (Powerbook
> G4, Cube upgraded, Imac G5, all with panther).

        I'd think your best chance for connecting would be over serial,
for which you'll need a usb-serial adapter, such as the one made by
keyspan.

        If you have classic on any of your machines, you can connect with
Newton Connection Kit (NCK).
NCK (as I recall) handles package installation, synchronization, and
backups. Package installation can also be done natively on Mac OS X
with NewtTen. Programs such as Newton Connection Utilities (NCU) and
nSync (and the iTunes and ATA software) require a Newton with Newton OS
2.0 or newer (i.e. a MessagePad 120b or newer)

Cheers