[NTLK] [OT] Surplus Apple Stuff - Mostly - Longish

From: Shannon Johnson (mr.sljohnson_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 15:29:47 PDT

Well, I went to a university auction today and picked up a few things
I don't need. The only things I got worth keeping were a Laserwriter
8500 (20k page count), an unopened LW8500 toner cartridge, an iDock
II, and a Mac Plus.

The rest is up for grabs to anyone who will pay shipping plus US$1.00
or we can work out a trade. I know this is off topic and will irk
some, but this stuff will just collect dust and I figure someone here
might get some use out of it. At a buck plus shipping I will not be
making more then pizza money off these items.

I'll describe briefly, but guaranties. Email me off list at
sljohnsonatmacdotcom for more info or if you want something. No
manuals with anything.

- A Performa 6214cd with a LC 10BaseT ethernet card, 8mb ram, I think
hard drive is shot, will turn on but not boot, maybe bad clock
battery.
- Epson Cut Sheet Feeder Model 8334, for a wide Epson impact printer,
in original box with some paper guides, no manuals.
- Several Mac ADB keyboards. ($0.50 + shipping)
- Apple ATI Rage 128 16 MB PCI VGA card.

These go into storage next weekend if no one bites by then.

I can also pull some things out of storage in anyone is interested and
lets me know this week.

- a Mac LC 630 CD PC, worked when I put it away.
- several LCs & LC IIs that have ether 6 or 10 MB RAM that I salvaged
from Intel 386 machines, and 40 mb HDs.
- a Macintosh IIsi with a Radius video card.
- an early Mac keyboard, the one with the phone type connector, and
maybe a mouse, no keyboard cable.
- an Apple IIe, for parts or ROM.
- Miscellaneous Apple/Mac color monitors, 2 mac compatible monitors,
and several PC monitors.
- a Apple external CDROM drive, old.
- Two or three Apple Style Writer Pros, they need to be cleaned, the
first one gets three unopened cartridges I have left.
- a Power Mac 5200/75 LC
- a Power Mac 5260/120 or two
- Apple II compatible floppy disk drives, 5.25 & 3.5 sizes.

I can find out which systems listed above have ethernet cards this
coming weekend, and report back to interested persons, they all came
out of schools, so an ethernet port is very likely on everything but
the LC and LC IIs.

Note, All CPUs will come with an ADB mouse and Keyboard, and a power
cord. Monitors will come with power cord and video cable. All CPUs are
working unless noted otherwise, though they may not stay that way --
They're obsolete for Pete's sake!

It's time for this pack rat to down size a bit. I may find some other
bits of Mac Stuff to get rid of too.

Now for the things I'm looking for: a power adaptor for an iDock II,
and an 8 MB PCI video card that will work in a Power Mac 5500/225.

I am willing to trade for any item mentioned in this email, if it's
interesting I might go for it.

Thanks for humoring me.

Shannon

PS, I am also sljohnson on ebay with a perfect rating, so take that
for what it's worth.