Re: [NTLK] Looking for cables

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 10:15:31 PDT

On Oct 7, 2004, at 6:59 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After talking with Elizabeth and Ronnie when they were in NYC about
> the Nikon CoolPix 950 and the ability to download the pictures direcly
> to the Newt I jumped in and purchased one on the cheap.
>
> However to get anything off without a CF adapter for my PC or Laptop I
> need cables. If anyone of you has the Vido Out or Digital I/O Cables
> or knows someone who's selling them I'd be interested. My Newt can
> wait to converse with my Nikon.

I definitely recommend a CF adapter... I have a PCMCIA adapter for my
powerbook and the Lexar Firewire adapter for my desktop. This is for
transferring photos to the mac (or PC).

Of course I also made a data cable to talk to the Newt... The jack on
the camera is a regular old walkman headphone jack (1/8" stereo RCA).

I spliced one from an old dead pair of headphones onto an imagewriter
cable I split in two...

This works at the default speed, but doesn't seem to like Daniel
Padilla's speed hack. Perhaps I have the handshake wrong...

Let me know if you find an original cable?

Marty